jueves, 11 de junio de 2020

Reading. And listening with second conditional grado 11

If I Won The Lottery


I can imagine what my life would be like if I won the lottery. Wow! I could do so many things, and my life would be so different. I would love the chance to change my life with money. The first thing I would do is buy a big, new house. I live in a small apartment, and I have always dreamed of living in a big house in the country. With all that money, I could buy anything I wanted. I don’t have a car right now, so I would buy a new car. Or, I might even buy a new motorcycle. I like motorcycles, and I can imagine myself driving down the highway with the wind in my hair. 

Of course, I if I won the lottery, I should give some of the money to charity. I would probably give my money to a charity that helps sick children. Also, if any of my friends needed anything, I could help them pay for it.  I know many people that have student loans, and I could help them pay the loans back. That would make them very happy. Plus, if I won a lot of money, I would certainly save some of it in the bank.

Also, I think that if I won a huge amount of money, I would open a business. I love to cook, and I have always wanted to open a restaurant. With all that money I could open a fancy restaurant. 

However, I know one thing I would not do is travel. I have a friend who won $100, 000 in the lottery three years ago. She took the money and travelled for three months. I think she is crazy. Travelling is nice, but then she had nothing left after her vacation.

I think, however, that the only problem with dreaming about the money I could win is that I have never even played the lottery before. As they say: “You can’t win if you don’t play.”

Second Conditional Reading

1. Question

What would the person NOT buy if she won the lottery?


  •  House
  •  Apartment
  •  Motorcycle
  •  Car

2. Question
What would the person NOT do if she won the lottery?


  •  Give money to charity
  •  Pay off student loans
  •  Give money to friends
  •  Save money

3. Question
Why would she open a restaurant?


  •  She likes fancy restaurants.
  •  She is a great cook.
  •  They are a good investment.
  •  She likes to cook.

4. Question
Why would she not travel?


  •  She would be left with no money when she finished.
  •  It is too expensive.
  •  Her friend did not have fun travelling.
  •  She has travelled a lot before.

5. Question
Do you think she will win the lottery?


  •  No. She did not buy a ticket.
  •  Yes! She is lucky.
  •  No. It is too difficult with only a few tickets.
  •  Maybe. It depends on her luck.


The second part of the class is practice this listening in this website https://es.lyricstraining.com/


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario